Graham Hogben has sent us this photo of the fields that became the Park 10 years later in 1937. The road is Netherfield Road, newly made up, and the buildings in the middle are Greenshaw Terrace, with the two F & A Parkinson factories behind. The following year F & A Parkinson of Guiseley Motor Manufacturers, teamed up with Crompton’s from Essex. The large lampworks was built in 1932.
The buildings at the bottom of the picture are Moon’s Mill, next to the Railway sidings. At the top, in glorious isolation is Kelcliffe House and tenements. Between eighteenth century and 1838, this has been a tannery.
In the park you can clearly see the line of Oak trees that were planted around the turn of the 20th century, probably by Jonathan Peate. The trees are now shrouded in the wooded area of the Park. For more history of the Park area see here.
The photo comes from Britain From The Air, a resource made available by English Heritage.