It seems like forever, that local people have been trying to get the old track along the bottom of the Park restored. But now, at long last, thanks to Meadfleet, we at last have a mown path that we can start to regenerate and reconstruct so that it can be used to get from one side of Guiseley to the centre, avoiding busy roads. The intention is to keep the grass mown as a minimum.
Picture from 1930’s clearly shows the path along the bottom of the Park.
Greenshaw terrace entrance
Trying to trace the line of the old cobbles – we will try and restore this cobbled section in the fullness of time
Past the butterfly area, where the estate path now comes up, another area that will need work to stop it becoming a slippery slope
Over the builders clay mound, sitting on top of the old car park – pretty clover
Slight detour around the ‘quick sand’ to try and make sure there is a firm footing, going down the slope looked more difficult to walk
Out to meet the old path again, past what used to be the old tennis courts
The first users make a their way much more easily along the newly mown path to the Nethercliffe entrance.
This entry was posted in History
. Bookmark the permalink