CANCELLED. SOCIAL DISTANCING MUST BE EVERYONE’S KEY AIM.
Following public health advice from Keep Britain Tidy, this event will definitely run on 29th March, from 10.30an to 12 noon. But we all need to follow hygiene guidelines as follows.
Do not attend a clean-up if you feel unwell or are showing cold or flu like symptoms, stay home to protect yourself and others.
Keep Britain Tidy asks that we undertake our clean-up events in line with the advice being issued by Public Health England (PHE). In particular, participants are asked to use the following guidelines:
- Wear gloves during the clean-up at all times – washable or throw-away ones are best
- Wash your hands thoroughly for 20 seconds before and after your event
- Clean and disinfect regularly touched objects, such as litter pickers, using your regular cleaning products
- Stay at least 2 metres (about 3 steps) away from other people whenever possible
- Please bring along your own anti-septic wipes or hand sanitises if you have them and want to use them.